Friday, March 28, 2008

WOO-HOOOO

The results just came in, and Leland passed his GED. Like it was ever even a question of whether or not he actually would. To top it all off he passed with really high scores. His average was 620, which minimum passing is 450 and I think the Maximum was 800, but the only reason it wasn't higher was the Math, and really who actually does well with that anyway. I'm sure right now as I type he's calling up L-3 and saying I told you I'd get right back with you, and now for my job please. He had said he felt a little bad about not studying at all but that the questions were all really easy, so he stopped feeling so bad. I can relate I remember a couple of packets I had to do before I all together left H.S. for college, they were written for underachievers because of lack of mental capability, not underacheivers because of lack of stimulation, and I'm sure that's how the test felt for Leland. Anyway we're both very happy and just had to share the happiness. Leland says he's so happy he could go dancing... NAKED!! (Ok so you've all probably never seen that Invader Zim episode, but that's what he said.)

7 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

Way to go! I didn't even know he needed it, but good job. And if he decides to follow through on his giddy dance....let's just say I am glad I live way up here and will not be subject to it! :)

Roxi said...

Yeah he dropped out to support a wife and kid, biggest freaking waste of time on both of them but at least he tried to be responsible.
HAHA!
Who knows maybe he'll dance clear from Salt Lake up to your neighborhood.

Sonia said...

So....are you selling tickets to said dance? Oh - not for me, for Shawn. Just Kidding! Congratulations on passing the big easy, though stressful, test!

buttercup said...

Congrats Leland! That is so great!

Leslie Moseley said...

So glad you took extra time to put this on your blog cuz I tried to call but I guess you two were out partying or dancing naked or something last night. Yea, Leland! See what you can accomplish when you just do it!

Marc Gingell said...

Wife and DEMON I think you mean ;)

Roxi said...

Hillary if we're labeling the slug a demon then it should he duly noted that the ex-wife should be termed Heffer.