It was friday night after sundown. I had just brought the dogs inside and was still stranding outside talking to Leland. That's when it happened. I heard the crunch (no brakes just crunch), and turned to see a truck swreve away from my neighbors car continue to barrel down the street swerve one more time before pulling into their apartment at the other end of my street. At first Leland and I thought she may have run something over surely she'd have at least braked a bit after hitting something. He kept an eye on the truck and I went to check Chris' car. My suspicions were confirmed she had busted out a headlight and dented in the fender. Leland grabbed back-up (Dana) and went up to the truck, while I informed Chris what had happened to her car. After talking to her, I noticed Leland hadn't come back and I didn't know he had used the buddy system so I was worried and started walking up. I met him about half way. He had asked the broad if she had just hit a vehicle at the end of the street. She told him if she had hit something she would have stopped. (Well obviously not we watched you! It's not like a friendly conversation starter. Hi how are you, and by the way did you happen to hit any parked vehicles on the way home? later, before the cops came she did come out with someone, turn on a flood light and check her truck for damage. Jerk.) So we did what you do when hit and runs occur and in no time the suits were there to make a report. Two for down the street and one for us as were we considered friendly and safe. The officer was a nice man and in a good mood. He joked with us and the other two down the street over the radio. When describing the woman to them he added with a chuckle "Possibly food all over her." (According to Leland and Dana she was wearing a bunch of tacos on her shirt.) She didn't answer her door to the suits, not such a good idea. They have an unfair advantage in all things. The officer asked us what the address was on the house that happened to be my own I replied with the obvious number. He looked at me funny and said "are you sure?" I told him that had been the number for the four years I'd been there. He still didn't believe me "On that side of the street?". After a couple minutes of this I started doubting what my address was, until he realized I was right and said to me "whew I thought we were going to have to go to blows about it." I told him as long as he dropped the duty belt and didn't call for back up I'd give it a shot, and most likely still lose. He recieved a radio call at which point he told us that There was still no answer at the womans door so The truck was going to be towed. As he said "They tend to want to get in touch with us real fast when we have their vehicle." The crime scene unit came out and took pictures of both vehicles and then the truck was towed away. I haven't looked today, but it still wasn't back yesterday (sunday).
My civic duty has been done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good grief... maybe she's an illegal alien. What a maroon!
Yet another reason why I believe I am fully justified when I say "I HATE PEOPLE!" What a freaking butt! I have had people do that to me (damage my car, leave) and I want to drive rough wooden wedges under all their fingernails. Slowly. Good on ya for tattling.
Naw she was a white fatty, but everyone in that house apaartment is on something or drunk all the time.
There's no way I'll sit and let someone damage my neighbors car and get away with it. I'm a jerk I don't care how much trouble she'll be in or not. She had plenty of opportunity to not have her truck towed. She could've stopped in the first place, she could've fessed up when Leland confronted her, and she could've answered the door to the freaking cops. I have no pity for the woman.
Post a Comment