Yes this subject gets it's own post at 17 I had my first taste of a Chicago style pizza in Chicago, at this glorious place of yumminess. So Saturday we spent the day with Lelands parents and roughly about dinner time they asked if we were hungry and if so what. I was very hungry and I suggested Giordonos. Knowing I had laid it out to Leland that if we got the opporunity I could die without it. May I preface this by saying when I get real hungry I turn into Sonia at 6a.m. on a Saturday morning woken up by a salesman. So roughly evil and violent enough to scare Satan himself. Had Leland backed me up, and his parents still chose something else, I'd have been ok. They were buying. But Leland did not back me up in fact he suggested a place that I cannot remember the name. They are famous for hots dogs, and sausage, and the likes. I don't like sausage, hello MSG! and I HATE HOTDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up geting an Italian beef sandwich and was doing really well keeping the flames from shooting out my mouth, nose, ears, eyes, every pore in my freaking body, etc, because his parents were there. I even managed not to punch him in the kidneys when he asked me if I was feeling ok. I was so pissed off, I even left my favorite hat at the resturaunt. I informed Leland after his parents dropped him off, that I was going to die thanks to him.
But wait then to my wondering eyes should appear... My girl Mary. She had been to Giordono' s and had remembered me saying how much I wanted it. So when she got back she had leftovers for me. I informed Leland and Allen I would be running away with Mary. Even though it wasn't the pizza I would have ordered, it made me feel better anyways. It probably saved my life and I know it saved Lelands. Kimberly, Allen, and Mary all gave him crap about not backing up his wife and the day was saved.

4 comments:
What a wiener. You've only been dying to go there forever and really, wasn't that the highlight of this whole trip anyway? I just hope he didn't get the luxury of some steak or some shake. He does know you are bigger than he, right?
That's what you get for trying to be nice just cuz this was your first experience with his family. But then, I missed out on touring a castle in Vancouver for much the same reason. Men.
No leland didn't get any Steak n' Shake. His explanation is "I chose Portillo's because my mom and Don don't care for pizza and they were buying, besides you didn't say anything and I didn't know there was one nearby." I mentioned it earlier to Don and he said there was one nearby. I forgot to mention that I could see the Giordono's from the resturaunt we ate at. urg! oh well I guess I lived anyways.
Three Things:
1- PERFECT visual description of how you were feeling (i.e. me being woken up by a salesman at 6 on Sat.). I could feel mass amounts of anger building RIGHT THEN! Still have some tension in my fists...starting to loosen. Beautifully done.
2- I think I would STILL punch Leland in the kidneys. I mean HELLO! What is more important than delicious food? It's the whole reason I dragged Shawn to San Diego this summer (dang that turned out to be expensive gelato).
3- I will order some and invite you and NOT LELAND to come eat it with me. Thank goodness for shipments on dry ice.
Post a Comment