Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Behold The Glory That Is ME!

Sonia do you remember that 3rd Rock episode? That quote will stick with me forever! But now onto my glory. The other weekend I took home dad's beast of a tiller after it was deemed unfixable by the guys doing it for a living. I figured if I broke it more what's the harm right? We'll I fixed it, now to see if I can make it run in a slower setting that things is a monster! But hey it runs. Then the next day I also fixed our lawn mower. Oh yeah I'm almost as cool as Hillary now. So I was bragging to my neighbors and Laura tells me she borrowed a tiller from her grandma and it doesn't work could I fix it? The answer is a resounding YES. I did that yesterday after school. granted it was only an easy fix. I cleaned up the spark plug because it was oil fouled and reconnected a link to the carb and viola! starts on the first pull. Oh yeah, I look at it and two years ago I wouldn't have even tryed fixing those things for fear of ruining it more. Now I'm a master of the small piston engine, and hopefully I'll get placed where I want to and become a master of the turbine engine. They're WAY easier from my experience than a reciprocating.

4 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

You go girl! You get this natural ability (coupled with learned skill) from me! I get it from grandpa p. Now for the toughie... getting Leland to finish the dang counter!

Sonia said...

I love it- only the girls from OUR family rock it out like we do! Hillary is busy fixing washing machines, you are fixing yard equipment, and I put down flooring, ride a motorcycle, and put crap together. I love being a strong woman!!!

Marc Gingell said...

Isn't it fun being the man of the house? lol I think so! Crack me open a motor!

Roxi said...

I love fixing things. Laura promised not to tell anyone I was a nice person. I'm glad I'd hate to have it leak out and ruin my reputation or anything I'd have to go into overdrive evil.