Monday, April 21, 2008
I'm no good at last minute things..
For you Family who I speak to regularly a week is plenty of notice. However, I have been slammed with a most unexpected last minute weeks notice plan. Leland's mom is coming in from Chicago this Saturday. So now instead of having a do nothing weekend I'm going to have to do something. We're supposed to pick her up and she wants to meet my family, now I think she means parents but I know that if she knew Sonia and her pure EVIL, or James and his STENCH, she'd have been specific and said Parents, oh and possible the nice sibling with the cute kids.. come to think of it I'm pure Evil as well so I'd be left out too ;). Then we're supposed to go drop her off at her sister in Ogden. I know it wont be a okay see ya! deal. So there goes Saturday and my poor brand new XBOX 360 will be so lonely! oh yes and the dogs. Then Sunday We're supposed to go back up to Ogden (Have I ever mentioned that I dislike ogden? well I do) For a Family thing with a bunch of people I don't know and obviuosly for reason since Leland has only mentioned once or twice that he even has family around here. Well at least it'll be nice to actually meet his mom and stepdad. (Bob take note: Jane and Don, I think you can guess which name goes to who) One week just seems so last minute for someone to show up who I've never met. But not only that but to have to meet a whole family of people I've never met..... Oh well at least I didn't have to stand in a line and be nice to them when all I wanted to do was get on with the honeymoonin' WAHOOOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
True dat on the last sentence - the mormon line-up was the worst part of getting married. Given a do-over I would definitely skip that crap entirely. Val would have died on the spot though, she hated that we cut so much of her guest list anyway. Too bad! Good luck entertaining- it can be really draining.
Welcome to Ogden, mmmmmmm. I'm hungry!! RFH reference :) Marc barely mentions extended family, too. And after working with one and meeting others....well, I don't blame him.
Luckily Jane and Don are staying with her sister. That makes life easy on us. Well Leland has assured me there's reason behind not mentioning them much or visiting them at all.
Sonia I definately smile on the fact that about 2 hours later I was in Tahoe and enjoying life. I figured it was MY day and I was getting what I wanted.
"yeah doi me, everyone else in the kingdom gets it, why don't you?"
Eh, Pacha?
Can't forget that part of the quote! Don't worry about the inlaws.. they will probably be nice enough it's just the awkwardness of it all. The dogs will live through a few hours locked up, they do it every day of the week while you're at school/work and hey, it's a good excuse to leave when you've had enough. My advice is to take something to do, like your stuff to study for your tests. Then if you're really super bored while Leland is smiling fakily and making small talk, you can at least sit and get something accomplished.
Post a Comment