Well for the likes of Sonia I'm only 22 still. But pretty soon nobody will like me for a year. Ok so I've gotten started early with not acting my age. Whenever anyone around me is complaining about being old, I pop my age in there too like I may as well be 80. It makes them feel worse and I laugh. I guess that's why I like Jesse and Alisha they're younger than me so it's harder to make them feel bad. Leland just doesn't care about age in fact this year he'll be celebrating the 17th anniversary of his 21st birthday. That's usually how he puts it.
The family to do is now over so here's the breakdown.
His moms nice, but I didn't get much time to actually know her
His aunt is.. interesting, but very nice
Uncle is a total cowboy so that's freaking cool.
His cousins... eh they were cousins. Not super cool not super dorks, just your standard issue people.
It's important for me to note his cousin rick looks (and almost acts) like a thinner Phil Kirk
Oh and they thought I would be weirded out. HA! no family alive can be weirder than mine. They didn't even have a baboon to terrorize the young'ins.
Good food and well I mostly felt like a party crasher but hey that's cool, it was good food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So where do I fit in for being a cousin? "Not super cool not super dorks." Well, I guess I'll just be glad that I'm not a super dork!
It's so fun and interesting meeting extended family. Isn't it?
Well they wern't MY cousins. ;) It was nice to fineally meet my mother-in-law, but if I'm driving up to Syracuse I'd really have rather gone to see Hillary and Marc. I wouldn't feel out of place there. I really didn't have much in common with any of them except his uncle. We sat around talking about planes and tools.
That's how families are. Everyone can get along but there are those you gravitate to because of mutual interests. I've just gotten acquainted with one of dad's cousins kids cuz she has a couple quilt tops her grandma (grandma's sister) was going to throw away! Melynda rescued them and wants to quilt them. I may be going down to Mona to help her in a couple weeks.
I know you are only 22 - I am preparing you for the dismal future of the "road to old". I'm about 3 miles down the road from you, Hill's about 50 miles from me (additional years cause she has kids, and everyone knows that'll kill ya), and Bob, well - she built the dang road! Ha-Ha!!!
The food is about the only reason I enjoy the get-togethers at all with extended family I don't know. There's all that awkward, "so, you're who, again?" and "wow, your funny looking kid is even uglier now". Our family never did reunions (at least not reg'lar like), so I really am not a big fan. Much rather visit individuals and really enjoy something together. Like when all us immediate family members go boating or do a birthday, or sing kum-bye-ya.
At least Sonia makes the "who are you again?" attempt. Me and Marc just sit in the corner with his brothers and sisters whenever they have those family things. We usually only allow ourselves to get suckered into the Christmas one. Speaking of... you wanna come do fireworks at Bob's on the 4th of July? I am setting up my out for that party already. Marc will be in NY. Bum!
Post a Comment