Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bycycle Adventures

I have so much to say I'm splitting this into many blogs. Otherwise it'd just be REALY long. So on my way home from the library I almost died horribly. I was riding my bike really fast enjoying the wind in my face on 300 E. just south of the I-80 overpass, when suddenly BAM! the handle bar slips off. I nearly immediately fell but managed to put enough weight in my hip that I kept balance. I guess this big booty of mine is good for something! So the first second I've caught my balance then my ankle and shin (on separate legs) get whacked by the pedals a couple of times until I can get a foot on the pedals to stop them. Now in pain and still barely holding my balance I look up and see a parked car... I can't get back to regular riding postions for maneuvering or I'll fall, I can't hit the brakes or I'll fall, so I used the foot not on the pedals to drag to a stop. I did stop in time not to hit the car. But my left ankle and right shin did get pretty tore up. I was just happy I managed not to bust up my face for Kimberly's wedding. I took me a minute or two of riding to get past thew pain but the rest of the rife I took easy. I will be replacing my handle bar grips. Because my leg still hurts a weeks later and though the gash is healing it's right a wagging tail height.

4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

Dude, you gots SKILLZ

Leslie Moseley said...

You didn't show me the ankle. I'm confused... the whole handle bar slipped off? Won't you need more than new grips to fix it?

Roxi said...

No The grip is on the actual handlebars. Only the grip slipped off, and a spot of glue for the rest of the season will work until I can't ride anymore.

Yes I do have skills. I may not be the most graceful but I usually don't totally biff it.

Sonia said...

Those bike skills you got are better than nun-chuck skills on the open market. Glad you didn't hit the car. Shawn and I also had a brush with almost death, except we were the killing mechanism (like you didn't assume that of me already).