So for the last week Leland has been moping that he wanted to set up our (his) christmas tree but it was a full sized one and there was no room in our house. I would tell him we could make room, then he'd say no and mope a bit. He really wants it to feel Christmasey in our house. This happened last year but I couldn't have gotten to the tree by myself then. This year the shed a little more organized and I only had to move the bikes. So Monday I decided to set it up when he was at work so he'd come home to it. There's a picture of it and I only had to leave off a couple back branches at the bottom to make it fit :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree!
So for the last week Leland has been moping that he wanted to set up our (his) christmas tree but it was a full sized one and there was no room in our house. I would tell him we could make room, then he'd say no and mope a bit. He really wants it to feel Christmasey in our house. This happened last year but I couldn't have gotten to the tree by myself then. This year the shed a little more organized and I only had to move the bikes. So Monday I decided to set it up when he was at work so he'd come home to it. There's a picture of it and I only had to leave off a couple back branches at the bottom to make it fit :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like the little red ornaments that resemble cranberries. You did a great job. Maybe I'll have to put up my tree without some of it's limbs to make it fit too.
PWETTY! You forgot to blog his reaction to your thoughtfulness!
He was very surprised and happy about it. Every so often I see him looking at it looking very happy. He has also taken to saying "I love you Christmas Wife." The little red ones I doubled up on a single hanger. I had to add them because we only had red and white lights (one strand each) because the rest are on the front of our house. Since everything else was blue I needed to add the little red ones but they didn't look as good single.
As with leaving limbs off I did need to put a weight on one of the back feet so it didn't lean. But it's stable now :) You may have to do the same Bob.
Post a Comment