Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I could've gone on and on in the comments but..

I thought I'd post a blog.
With child support there is definitely a large group of deadbeats who refuse to pay. However I read an article awhile back (I actually think it was in Maxim) and it perfectly explained Leland's situation. Sadly there's a large group of men out there, including my honey, that get slapped with the bill because it's convenient. The child support he had to pay was not to the mother but to the state for "caring" for and "helping" with some mental health issues. On this I believe we should definitely get our money back. I mean if you bought a vacuum that didn't work you'd get a refund right? Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. What bothers me is there are major doubts about if the slug is really spawn of Leland. When the court asked him to pay he refused on the condition that if they proved he was the father he would pay. They didn't tell him about the court hearing about it, nor did they sample any DNA to check. It couldn't have been that hard Texas is testing the entire YFZ ranch. The only time he heard anything about it was a letter informing him you lose we win give us money. You'd think that since he's not on the birth certificate, and had no rights as a parent they'd have considered it a reasonable response. Apparently a lot of men run into this. Some woman says he's the father (and in one case it was physically impossible because the man was serving overseas!) and they end up paying money for someone else's contamination of the gene pool. Luckily the next time the thorn in my side got into trouble he was too old to stick us with the bill.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

There are definitely some men that need this kind of unforgiving discipline, cause they populate the whole ghetto with their seed - but if they can't prove it's the father, then the state can suck it!

Marc Gingell said...

Unfortunately,too, in a lot of places it doesn't really matter who the father is. If you were married to the foul troll when she got pregnant then you get to be responsible for all monetary obligations to the child. Messed up, I say.

Roxi said...

He wasn't married to her at the time. He just thought the good guy thing to do would be to marry her and help her raise her baby as "dad". Obviously that went badly. I've seen where there is a DNA test to prove the guy isn't the father but the court wont accept it. It's sad really. Luckily we'll not have to deal with that again.