Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Stupid people running rampant
Well While waiting for L-3 Leland picked up some work with SOS. He has promptly quit that and is now working for our neighbor who has a grundle of yard and house work she needs done. SOS seemed like a good idea at the time, but after the check came in... I'll start somewhere near the beginning and and when I come to the end stop. Leland went into SOS and since he hasn't worked for them since '06 updated his information. Well he got a check that I got to looking at because the taxes seemed horrendously large. The check was smaller than we expected. I'm usually the one to catch the mistakes so I'm reading through all the taxes making sure and doing my math. Low and behold I get to the bottom and what do I find? They've taken $66 out for child support! on top they've charge $5 to process it and while it's only $5 this is a matter of principal. Leland called them up and got transferred to the corporate office where he promptly received voice mail. This was on Thursday. Yesterday he finally got a call back from the lady. While the first part was expected, we'll have to wait for ORS to send us our money, the second just made me mad. She told him that the processing fee was already done and we wouldn't see that ever again. Also they'll keep removing his dollars until ORS sends them a letter saying not to, which we know from experience takes about two weeks. With Lowes, that was ok they paid biweekly but SOS is a weekly thing. So this next check (and last from them) will have another chunk taken out and another $5 to SOS that makes $10. She also was not very friendly with him, probably thinking he was just trying to wheedle his way out of it. At least ORS will send us the money and not charge us for the return. He told her that he would not work for them until they figured it out. Of course L-3 has a position and Leland's calling every day to see if he has an interview yet. It would be working with our really good friend (I've adopted him as family) Jesse and he's really been tooting Leland's horn over there. Until then Tamara our neighbor is extremely happy this has all happened because she's wanted his help for a long time and will be paying him decently to do it. Also with gas prices the way they are working next door isn't bad. As for the lady at SOS and all other stupid folk, I will only think of it as her tax dollars and not our goes to the jail and taxes caused by those with ACRI (Acute Cranial Rectal Inversion). As Enlightened Despot I decree our taxes, those of us who are not like Slinky's (I loved that email Sonia), go to fun things like F-22 Raptors, good roads, and best of all TAX RETURNS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA, ARCI...love it!!! So they will be sending back the money they yoinked for those undeserving of such monetary donations, correct? Is there something that can be done so that they quit trying to garnish his wages?
PUSH THOSE SLINKIES - watch 'em roll down the stair! That's so stupid that they won't refund te processing fee when it's THEIR mistake! I would be fer smackin' 'em upside their heads if it weren't inserted so far into their rectums!
ORS will send the money back and send a letter to SOS say don't send us money we can't take it. and it costs us money to send it back. But Leland has no desire to work for them anyways. Obviously the people running it now are incompetent. Aside from that the job description they gave him was completely off so he was considering asking them for something else until this. Luckily Tamara has plenty to keep him busy. Also we should know today or tomorrow if he's got an interview with L-3.
That's too bad that SOS has become such dolts. I think that after you get the money back from ORS and SOS gets the letter saying they're stupid, I would try again to get the $10 back because then they may be able to see that it shouldn't have been processed in the first place and they might even have a different person in that spot that is more competent.
Next time Leland needs to use a work service, have him try Kelly Services. They have been great to work with.
What angers me the most is Leland didn't get a I'm sorry about the mistake we'll contact ORS to double check that. He got a we have this on our years old records and we'll keep doing it until they contact us because we're too freaking stupid to call and check this for you. They were completely rude.
Post a Comment